After working away on my LFS build I found out that the problem was that the kernel was missing generic IDE support. After fixing this I managed to boot into my first working LFS build called “Blu” after Blue Square linux. All went well until I deleted the snap shoots I’d whilst working on it where is reverted to an earlier one. After this muck up I went back with my new knowledge about IDE modules I have now fixed my first LFS build that has made it all the way to the end. This build is called Linus after Linus Torvalds who created the Linux kernel. Now I need to work out a way of getting this onto my server in a stable a quick way to minimise downtime.